Colombian low-cost carrier Viva has announced it will begin flying between Cartagena Colombia (CTG) and México City, Mexico from May 4, with flights beginning at $129 from México to Cartagena, and $149 from Cartagena to México. The route will operate Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Viva says it expects to carry 48,500 passengers on this route during its first year of operations.
The new route will be operated with an interline agreement with Mexican air carrier Viva Aerobus. Though Viva and Viva Aerobus are completely separate companies, both were backed by aviation venture capital firm Irelandia Aviation.
“Mexico is a key country in our international expansion plan. Today we are excited to launch this new direct route that will allow us to continue connecting passengers in both Mexico and Colombia with the rest of Latin America. Our interline agreement with Viva Aerobús has been key in the launch of this new Cartagena – Mexico route with which we have already adjusted four direct routes that connect both countries,” said Félix Antelo, CEO of Grupo Viva.
The new Cartagena – Mexico City route:
- Start of operations: Tuesday, May 4.
- Schedule Cartagena – Mexico City: 19:46 – 23:59
- Weekly frequency: Tuesday – Thursday – Saturday.
- Schedule Mexico City – Cartagena:00:59 – 4:48
- Weekly frequency: Wednesday – Friday – Sunday.
- Tickets Cartagena – Mexico: from USD 149
- Tickets Mexico -Cartagena: from USD 129
Other Viva routes Between Colombia & Mexico:
- Medellin – Mexico City (Daily Route)
- Medellín Cancun (Daily route).
- Bogotá – Mexico City – Daily codeshare route Viva Aerobús.
- Bogotá – Cancun -Daily route, codeshare Viva Aerobús.
- Cali – Mexico City, starting in March, three weekly frequencies
- Cali – Cancun, from March, three weekly frequencies