Bogotá-based cannabis products firm Khiron Life Sciences Corp. (TSXV: KHRN) (OTCQX: KHRNF)(Frankfurt: A2JMZC) has announced several promising statistics in its operations, from product sales and exports, along with its Zerenia medical treatment centers. Under Khiron’s unique, vertically integrated model, the company controls its supply chain from it’s Tolima, Colombia farm to its Zerenia medical centers and packaged prescription and consumer goods.
“Our integrated clinic model continues to connect patients, doctors, and insurance, helping improve patient outcomes. The integrated medical clinic approach offers a range of treatments and services, including medical cannabis, that help patients save time and money by not having to travel to seek out individual treatments. Almost half of our patients have insurance coverage now, a tremendous improvement since our first covered prescription in December of 2020,” said CEO Alvaro Torres
- Medical cannabis prescriptions grew by more than 40%, from Q2 2021
- Year to date medical cannabis prescriptions have exceeded 35,000 units, 600% more than the entire 2020 fiscal year
- Total medical cannabis patients in Q3 increased to more than 9,600, up 32% from Q2 2021
- 62% of the patients in Q3 were returning patients, up 35% from Q2 2021
- 47% of units sold were covered by insurance
- New satellite clinics accounted for 10% of prescriptions
- Europe generated 30% of the company’s medical cannabis sales in Q3 2021
- Germany revenues expected to grow more than 80% and UK revenues expected to grow more than 70% quarter on quarter
- The company has increased its imported volumes in the U.K., ensuring uninterrupted supply for all Khiron patients
- Year to date patient visits at Khiron clinics have exceeded 104,000, topping all patient visits in 2020
- Revenue in health services is steadily returning to normal at Zerenia clinics as pandemic measures ease
- Total quarterly patient visits at Zerenia were up 18% quarter on quarter
- Khiron will expand its flagship clinic brand, Zerenia to the UK, with the first Zerenia opening in London in Q4 2021.
“Through the end of Q3, the company continued to make steady progress in helping more patients access medical cannabis. Europe is starting to become an important market for the company, and we will soon be opening our first Zerenia medical cannabis clinic in the UK,” added Torres.
October Investor Conferences
Khiron also announced it will be participating in the MJBIZ Conference on Thursday, October 14th at 4:00 pm ET as a member of the panel ”The Latin American Cannabis Supply Chain: Do’s, Don’ts and Industry Domination” and also the Benziga Cannabis Capital Conference on October 15th at 3:45pm ET along with a Virtual executive interview with Khiron board member and former President of México, Mr. Vicente Fox: Thursday, October 14th & 15th at 1:10 p.m ET
The panel hosting Khiron is titled “International Spotlight – Continued Cannabis Expansion in European Markets,” and will be Friday, October 15th at 2:10 p.m ET