Due to continued interest, Finance Colombia is now accepting applications for a very limited number of unpaid internships in Colombia with 3 & 6 month durations from graduate students in Journalism, Communications, Finance, Economics, International Relations, or synonymous curricula. Exceptional undergraduate students will be considered on an individual basis.
Applicants should be:
- Native level English speakers (and writers), and fluent in oral & written Spanish.
- Able to cover their own travel & living expenses in Colombia, specifically Medellín. Very limited housing assistance may be available.
- Experienced writing sourced, researched news articles with interviews (please sumbit 5 samples, in English).
- Passionate about international business, commerce, and the corporate world. We are very narrowly focused on these areas.
- Capable of working with staff and management, conscientiously taking task and editorial direction.
- Able to comply with dress code requirements, especially when attending media events.
- Willing to travel within Colombia to cover events.
- Dedicated to a career in international and business journalism.
- Self starters, healthy, and full of energy, willing to contribute, take responsibility, and learn.
- Competent with a camera: Formal photography training and experience is a plus.
- At least 18 years of age.
In addition to journalism, interns in the following areas are welcome to apply:
- Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Contact Center Analytics (Management Statistics)
- Management Interns
- Information Technology (Networking, Web (LAMP), Amazon AWS, Process Automation)
- Human Resources
The ideal intern might be a recent graduate in one of these areas wishing to obtain real experience in his or her field in an international environment.
Our offices are in Laureles, Medellín, though the journalism intern would possibly work remotely from Bogotá meeting with our editor on a near-daily basis.
Interns will work alongside journalists and editors, filing stories under their own bylines, for credit, copy editing, and following up on news leads. When ready, interns will also conduct interviews, and will be expected to produce one or more investigative reports. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Interns must be able to legally visit Colombia for the indicated term, and work on a volunteer basis (this does not require a work visa, which we do not sponsor at this time).
Interested students may post a cover letter below, indicating interest and qualifications. We will reply with an e-mail address for submission of a full resumé, academic credentials, and writing samples.
[contact-form to=’[email protected]’ subject=’Internship application’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Academic Institution’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Country of Origin’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]