Like Colombia’s own “Hunter Biden” saga, President Gustavo Petro’s son Nicolás has been arrested after his scorned ex-wife accused him of taking over $100,000 USD from a narcotrafficker for his father’s political campaign—and then spending the cash on himself! Justice served…or political witch-hunt?
Click above to play the video
Also in this week’s Colombia Business News Recap:
- Is Mayor Quintero to blame for this year’s lame Feria de las Flores in Medellín?
- Irene Vélez on her way out as Minister of Energy & Mines after allegedly using her influence to circumvent migration laws for her son.
- President Petro appoints paramilitary mafia don as “peace emissary”
- Colombian highways 5th most dangerous in the world.
- F-AIR international airshow returns to Medellín after pandemic pause.
- Colombia’s women’s soccer team upsets Germany 2-1
- Kudos to Vostock Capital for the 5th Oil & Gas Congress in Bogotá
- Hoosegow, American slang, comes from Spanish “Juzgado” meaning “having been judged.”
- Nicolás Petro was unfaithful to Day Vásquez with her friend, the actress Laura Ojeda. Petro and Ojeda are now expecting a son together.
- Day was apparently involved with Juan Manuel Cortés, congressman from Santander.
- Yes, the word is “forgiven,” not “forgived!” Not worth doing the whole thing over…FORGIVE me!