Colombian Freelance Visa Misconceptions
What are the Colombian Freelance Visa Requirements?
- A scanned copy of the first page of a valid passport. Also, a scanned copy of the entry stamp to Colombia, and copies of any previously held Colombian visas
- A passport-style photo with a white background and 3 x 4cm dimensions
- A visa application letter detailing your intentions of being an independent worker in Colombia, for how long and why
- A professional resume detailing your experience and background within your occupation
- Scanned copies of at least 3 certificates that show your educational and professional attainment for your occupation. These documents must be apostilled, translated and/or legally recognized by an appropriate authority.
- References from Colombian employers who have an interest in procuring your independent services.
- The previous 6-months of your personal bank statements. These must show that you’ve been earning over 10-times the Colombian minimum monthly wage ($877,903 COP). This means that you must be able to show an amount of $8,779,030 COP (roughly $2350 USD) every month.
How much does the Colombian Freelance Visa Cost?
- Servibanca ATM
- Banco GNB Sudameris (This can only be done in the headquarters of Migración in Bogotá at Avenida Carrera 19 No. 98-03, Edificio Torre 100, 1st Floor. Payments must be made in cash by pesos. During quarantine, you may only visit Migración headquarters by special request)
Can I Still Apply for the Colombian Freelance Visa During COVID-19?
Apply for the Colombian Freelance Visa through an Experienced Agency
In expatgroup.co we are specialists advising foreigners who visit or settle in Colombia. Within our portfolio we offer the services of visas, real estate, and travel insurance, among others, we help foreigners to make the best decision to travel or settle in Colombia.
You can contact us before planning your trip to Colombia to give you comprehensive advice.
WhatsApp: +57 350 2112552
E-mail: [email protected]