Posted On December 27, 2022
In this edition:
- Hidroituango is finally generating (a little bit of) electricity, but only one bidder showed up for Daniel Quintero’s public tender to finish the project.
- Peru has lodged a formal protest against Colombia’s President Petro, accusing him of meddling in their affairs.
- President Petro has announced plans to purchase 16 new combat jets—after running on a platform opposing new fighters.
- Colombia has established its new minimum wage for 2023, a double-digit increase.
- A win for Colombian agriculture as mango exports to the United States begins.
- A loss for Colombian agriculture as WTO smacks down potato tariffs in favor of EU in trade dispute.
- The explosion in Bogotá’s El Dorado International Airport
- After running anti-beef campaign, Medellín Mayor Daniel Quintero promises to give away hundreds of free pigs
Do your homework! Read these articles:
- Hidroituango Hydroelectric Dam Is Finally Producing Electricity https://www.financecolombia.com/hidroituango-hydroelectric-dam-is-finally-producing-electricity/
- “There has always been a suspicion of a possible hiring of a Chinese company for the completion of the work” https://www.financecolombia.com/epms-hidroituango-mediation-talks-with-contractors-collapse-warring-lawsuits-filed/
- Government Sets 2023 Minimum Wage For Colombia https://www.financecolombia.com/government-sets-2023-minimum-wage-for-colombia/
- Peru’s Government Issues Formal Protest, Calls Gustavo Petro’s Statements “Unacceptable” https://www.financecolombia.com/perus-government-issues-formal-protest-calls-gustavo-petros-statements-unacceptable/
- Colombia Begins Exporting Mangos To The United States https://www.financecolombia.com/colombia-begins-exporting-mangos-to-the-united-states/
- Colombia Soundly Defeated At WTO Arbitration Panel In Potato Trade Dispute With EU https://www.financecolombia.com/colombia-soundly-defeated-at-wto-arbitration-panel-in-potato-trade-dispute-with-eu/
- Explosion At Bogotá’s El Dorado International Airport Leaves 3 Injured, Disrupts Flights https://www.financecolombia.com/explosion-at-bogotas-el-dorado-international-airport-leaves-3-injured-disrupts-flights/
- Colombia’s Cattle Rancher’s Federation Has A Big Beef With Medellín Mayor Daniel Quintero https://www.financecolombia.com/colombias-cattle-ranchers-federation-has-a-big-beef-with-medellin-mayor-daniel-quintero/
- Daniel Quintero, wants to give out 361 pigs to, according to him, 200,000 children and adults in Medellín https://www.financecolombia.com/after-running-an…e-away-free-pigs/
Support our Sponsors:
- Viva Air & the Viva Air Foundation https://www.vivaair.com/us/en
- Tecnoglass & ES Windows https://www.tecnoglass.com/
- Lord Tailors & Custom Clothiers, Medellin (Whatsapp) +57 300 519-0302
- Finance Colombia: https://www.financecolombia.com
Music included in promos: Winter Winds by Dee Yan-Key