Low cost airline Wingo has announced that it has taken delivery of an additional aircraft for its fleet, and will add more flights on the routes it already operates while continuing to explore possible new destinations.
“Thanks to the acceptance that Wingo has had, during the post-pandemic reactivation phase by Colombian travelers, we have undertaken an ambitious growth plan with which we have already doubled the number of aircraft in our fleet and that today allows us to put more seats on the market for all those who want to fly at low prices, with quality and good vibes,” said Wingo’s communications manager Juan Sebastián Molano, Wingo’s Communications Manager.
This increase in the number of seats that Wingo now has in the market, will allow the airline to add more flights on the routes it already operates while continuing to explore possible new destinations. From March 27, 2022 Wingo will increase its flights on the following domestic routes:
- Cartagena-San Andrés: 2 to 3 flights per week.
- Bogotá-Santa Marta: up to 12 weekly flights during peak season.
- Bogotá-Cartagena: 12 flights per week.
- Bogotá-Medellín: 10 weekly flights.
- Bogotá-Cali: 9 weekly flights.
Also beginning in March, the following international routes will be augmented.
- Bogotá-Panama: From 4 to 7 weekly flights.
- Cali-Panama: From 3 to 4 weekly frequencies.
- Medellín-Panama: 7 weekly flights.
- Bogotá-Quito: From 4 to 6 weekly flights.
- Bogotá-Guayaquil: Wingo will begin this route with 4 weekly flights.
Wingo has also announced augmentation of its Caribbean and Méxican beach destination flights to and from Colombia:
- Bogotá- Cancun: 10 weekly flights.
- Bogotá- Punta Cana: 5 weekly flights.
- Bogotá- Santo Domingo: 6 weekly flights.
- Medellin-Cancun: 4 weekly flights.
- Medellín-Punta Cana: 4 weekly flights.
- Cali-Cancun: 3 weekly flights.