Following the successful launch of the inaugural CGS Quito in June, the 6th annual Colombia Gold Symposium returns to Medellín, the 8th and 9th of November at the Intercontinental Hotel. The event is bilingual English/Spanish, and is very accommodating to English speakers and international guests.
As always, the event also features extensive programming on silver and copper along with gold and other precious metals commercially important to the Colombian mining sector.
Finance Colombia’s Loren Moss is slated to present on technological innovation in the mining sector.
Call for papers
Programming for the event has already begun, though organizer Paul Harris says that we: “would like to invite anyone interested in presenting to email us the topic and a brief summary for consideration by the programming committee. As a reminder, our website is www.ColombiaGold.co which we are working to update.”
CGS Economic Development Awards
Harris added: “We also request nominations for the CGS Economic Development Awards which seek to recognize innovative and impactful projects development by companies to further the economic opportunities in the communities within which they work.”
Sponsorships & Exhibitor Opportunities
CGS Medellin will feature a range of sponsorship opportunities, while the Intercontinental Hotel will enable the event to host a larger commercial exhibit space. Interested exhibitors should email Monica at [email protected] to request the brochure.
CGSMedellin Draft Program
Regulatory & Social Environment
- Mining regulation panel moderated by Jorge Neher, Dentons Cardenas
- Mining finance trends, Antonio Pichardo, BNP Paribus
- Water and mining, protecting and sharing water resources, Patrick Williamson, Intera
- Developing a forest strategy for a mine development project, Juan David Ramirez, Gramalote/B2Gold
- The role of NGOs: a collaborative approach on compensation, Conservation International.
- Eco mining strategy, Alfonso Monge
- Mining Trends, Javier Quintana, EY
- Engaging communities for success, Guillen Calvo, Insuco
- Mining risk management system, Luis Aparicio, Terranova Consulting
- Drones and their application in Mining 4.0, George Sobelman, Procontours
- AGDAS full-waveform distributed array IP for copper and gold exploration, Jose Arce, Arce Geofisicos
- Integrated tailings dewatering plant, Cameron Stockman, Responsible Mining Solutions
- Loren Moss, Technology for Mining
- GCM Mining, Segovia
- Aris Gold, Marmato & Soto Norte
- Royal Road Minerals, Antioquia and Nicaragua
- Antioquia Gold, Cisneros
- Los Cerros, Miraflores
- Guayabales, Collective Mining
- GCM Mining, Toroparu
- Gold Mining, La Mina-Garrucha
- Copper opportunities in Latin America, Francisco Acuña, CRU
- Max Resource, Cesar
- MCC, Colombia porphyry copper belt
- Cobrasco, Rugby Mining
- Reducing the carbon footprint, Julio Iturriaga, Alvarez & Marshal