Travelers To The US No Longer Require Negative COVID Test, But Visitors Must Still Be Fully Vaccinated
The US Embassy in Bogotá has announced that as of June 12, 2022, the CDC (US Centers for Disease Control) order requiring all persons to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States, is rescinded. Starting at 12:01 a.m. on June 12, 2022, the CDC will no longer require air travelers to show a negative COVID-19 test result, or documentation of recovery from COVID-19, prior to boarding a flight to the United States.
CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect.
Actions to Take:
- Review country-specific COVID-19 entry/exit requirements on the Embassy’s COVID-19 information page. https://co.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- In accordance with CDC guidance, delay your travel if you test positive for or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- US Embassy Bogota, Colombia
Tel. +57-1-275-2000 or 601-275-2000
- US Consular Agency, Barranquilla
- US Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow the embassy on Facebook and Twitter