Level 3 Communications Opens New Data Center In Cali
Cali, January. 12, 2016 (PRNewswire) Global telecommunications provider Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) announced the expansion of its global data center network with the opening of its newest data center facility in Latin America on December 28, 2015. Located in Cali, Colombia, the new data center offers redundant high-density power and cooling systems, multi-tier security and direct connectivity to Level 3’s global network.
“We decided to add this data center in Cali because it is the main urban and economic engine for Southwest Colombia. Level 3’s fiber optic cable runs undersea for 300 kilometers to the seaport city of Buenaventura on Colombia’s Pacific coast and then 154 kilometers over land to the city of Cali making Valle del Cauca an important city for a data center,” said Felipe Gómez Jaramillo, the Data Center and Security Director for Level 3 Colombia.
Level 3 operates 17 data centers in 14 key cities and business centers in Latin America, including two Premier Elite data centers in Bogotá. Level 3 operates more than 350 data centers worldwide, divided into Premier Elite, Premier Select and Premier facilities.
Cali Data Center Facts:
- The new data center meets all of Level 3’s highest “Premier Elite” data center standards
- The Cali data center will connect to Level 3’s global network, with service available in approximately 500 markets in 60 countries.
- It will offer customers in Valle del Cauca access to Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions, with private network access to Level 3’s cloud services.
- The data center is located near the Colombian Pacific coast, where Level 3 activated a subsea cable landing station in 2015.
- Dual-mode secured access systems are available to address security and compliance requirements.
Cali Data Center & Felipe Gomez photos courtesy of Level 3 Communications