Gran Colombia Gold Corp. (TSX: GCM; OTCQX: TPRFF) announced today that it has partnered with local community leaders, it’s recently spun-off Caldas Gold Corp. (TSX-V: CGC) and Angelitos de Luz, a local charitable foundation, to provide much needed support to vulnerable low-income families in its local mining communities of Segovia, Remedios, Marmato, Supia and Riosucio during the national quarantine in Colombia as the country fights to contain the spread of the Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic. Efforts include:
- The donation of food by Gran Colombia for 7,000 families in Segovia, Remedios and the Antioquia communities.
- The donation of food by Caldas Gold for 5,000 families in Marmato, Supia and Riosucio;
- The provision of medical and hospital supplies which will serve to improve contingency care for COVID-19 in the hospitals in Segovia, Remedios and Yolombo in the department of Antioquia as well as in the Municipality of Marmato;
- Gran Colombia has joined the Protect the Wonderful Gift of Life campaign at the Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana and the Clinica Universitaria Bolivariana to donate beds and biomedical equipment for the implementation of six intensive care units;
- The supply of over 200,000 liters of water through tank truck service to the most vulnerable neighborhoods in Segovia and Remedios; and
- The supply of 3,000 kits including face masks, liquid soap and antibacterial gel to security forces, formalized miners, vulnerable families and the city halls of the municipalities of Segovia, Remedios and Marmato.
Gran Colombia and Caldas have committed to continue to monitor developments in the situation and revise its response plans accordingly.
Above photo: Riosucio, Caldas, Colombia by De DaGuerraM – Trabajo propio, CC BY-SA 4.0