GCA Airlines Files To Fly New Routes To Bucaramanga, Santa Marta, San Andrés & Pereira, Colombia
Posted On April 13, 2021
Tag: 737, aerocivil, avior, barranquilla, boeing, bucaramanga, cali, cartagena, gca, gran colombia de aviación, pereira, san andres, santa marta, venezuela
Gran Colombia de Aviación, or GCA Airlines has submitted 5 new routes for authorization from Aerocivil, Colombia’s civil aviation authority. The airline, backed by Venezuela’s Avior Airlines has submitted for permission to fly using Boeing 737-400 aircraft configured for 144 passengers.
The new routes requested are:
- Cartagena – Bucaramanga – Cartagena with 3 flights a week
- Barranquilla – Bucaramanga – Barranquilla with 3 flights a week
- Pereira – Santa Marta – Pereira with 4 flights a week
- Pereira – San Andrés – Pereira with 5 flights a week (Pioneer Service)
- Cali – Pereira – Cali with 3 flights a week (Pioneer Service)
As the new Pereira routes are not currently flown by any carriers (Pioneer Service), GCA would enjoy one year of exclusivity to support demand development. Aerocivil has yet to rule on the new routes, though approval is expected.