The Presidential election process will take place in Colombia through August 7, 2022. There is the potential for demonstrations, traffic disruptions, and visible police presence during the campaigns leading up to the elections. Roads may be closed in major cities, including Bogota, on May 29 and June 19. During past election cycles, alcohol sales have been restricted and ciclovía has been cancelled in some cities.
The National Civil Registry has announced the electoral calendar for 2022 as follows:
- January 29 – Opening day of the presidential campaign season
- March 13 – Presidential primaries for candidates running in coalitions, Congressional elections
- May 29 – First-round presidential elections
- June 19 – Second-round presidential election (if necessary)
- August 7 – Presidential inauguration