ACE Limited announced the leadership team it intends to appoint for the Latin America region of the new Chubb Group’s Overseas General Insurance division, which includes Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, México, Panamá, Peru, Puerto Rico, Central America and the Caribbean. The leadership appointments will take effect upon completion of the acquisition of Chubb, which is expected in the first quarter of 2016.
Jorge Luis Cazar will serve as Senior Vice President of the new Chubb Group and Regional President, Latin America.
The leadership team reporting to Mr. Cazar will include:
- Marcos Gunn will serve as President, Northern Latin America Region, which includes México, Central America and the Caribbean, and Chief Operating Officer, Latin America. Currently, Mr. Gunn is Regional Chief Operating Officer for ACE’s Latin America region.
- Herman Weiss will serve as President, Andean Region, which includes Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru. Currently, Mr. Weiss is Senior Vice President and Latin America Zone Officer, Chubb Group.
- Antonio Trindade will serve as Country President of Brasil. Currently, Mr. Trindade is Country President, Brasil, for ACE.
- Pablo Korze will serve as Senior Vice President, Commercial Property & Casualty, Latin America. Currently, Mr. Korze is Senior Vice President, Property & Casualty, for ACE’s Latin America region.
- Fabiola Franco will serve as Senior Vice President, Accident & Health, Latin America. Currently, Ms. Franco is Senior Vice President, Accident & Health, for ACE’s Latin America region.
- David Heard will serve as Senior Vice President, Personal Lines, Latin America. Currently, Mr. Heard is Senior Vice President, Personal and Business Insurance, for ACE’s Latin America region.
- Cazar will report to Juan C. Andrade, Executive Vice President, ACE Group, Personal Lines and Chief Operating Officer of ACE Overseas General, and who as previously announced will serve as Executive Vice President of the Chubb Group and President of the Overseas General Insurance division.
“ACE has built a broad and deep presence across Latin America with a very balanced mix of businesses. The team that will lead this important region is comprised of experienced, capable and effective managers who understand that insurance is a local business driven by local relationships,” said Mr. Andrade. “We see significant, long-term growth opportunities in Latin America on both the industrial/commercial side, where there is a need to develop critical infrastructure in many countries, and on the consumer side, where there is a growing middle class. I am confident that Jorge Luis, leading this strong team, including new colleagues from Chubb, will deliver superior products and services for our clients and partners across Latin America as well as superior results for the organization.”
“I am very excited to announce the leadership team for the new Chubb Group’s Latin America region,” said Mr. Cazar. “Marcos is a strong executive who brings deep experience in México, one of our most important markets. Antonio is one of the most accomplished and experienced insurance industry executives in Brasil. Pablo, Fabiola and David combine an appreciation of the nuances of Latin America’s different markets with a deep understanding of their respective product lines. I am also very pleased that Herman will be leading our important Andean region. He represents the best of Chubb and we look forward to working with him and other new Chubb colleagues when the transaction is completed. We will share more information about our leadership team in Latin America at a later date.”