Latin American Model Development, Validation, and Risk Management Conference Comes to Chile on November 20-22
From November 20-22, the 2nd Annual Model Development, Validation and Risk Management in LatAm conference will be hosted in the Chilean capital Santiago.
Hosted by the Global Financial Markets Institute (GFMI), the even aims to help financial institutions in Latin America to examine the effectiveness of their current efforts and policies around model risk and develop better programs to minimize model risk.
According to the organizers, attendees will learn how other financial firms across the region enhance their model development and validation techniques. “Moreover, the key sources of model risk will be analyzed and how firms respond to them,” said GFMI in a statement. “Last but not least, there will be practical examples of model risk control across various financial models.”
The three-day program will include relevant lessons to be learned from the following case studies:
- Santander provides greater understanding of model risk in LATAM
- Banco Estado emphasizes the role of internal audit to improve risk management
- BCI examines the importance of data quality
- HSBC discusses the importance of good communication between internal audit and risk managers
- Grupo Supervielle proposes the best methods for VaR and liquidity risk
Those wishing to attend the event can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.